Sunday, August 28, 2011

One coat of Largo Blue

After the PreKote was dry, I sanded the primer with 220 grit. Once everything was "scratched" I started brushing on Interlux Largo Blue. This seemed to go on nice and smooth. I mixed together two old cans I had on the shelf from a wood canoe project. That was enough for the first coat, but I had to order another can for the second coat. That was last weekend. The second coat was more of a problem. On the port side I brushed it on. It kept sagging bad. Could not figure out why. All I needed was some color as the first coat had done a great job of covering the primer. I finally got something that was acceptable. However, I loaded the sprayer for the starboard side and sprayed it. This worked really well. One thing I did was thin it out with the universal Interlux thinning fluid. So after spraying I went back to the port side and brushed out the sag areas with the really thinned paint. For the most part it all worked out. Here are the pictures after the first coat.

No comments: