Sunday, August 31, 2008
I also pulled the control console and the cabin door. I decided to make a new console using the old one as a pattern. The door is getting sanded, sealed and finished with a new polyurethane coating. Imagine, real wood looking like well real wood. The photo shows the start of the cabin door refinishing. The other photos show what was left of the control console.
With the trim motor removed I took a look at the select trim. With a couple of taps the motor started turning again. However the jack screw only goes a couple of turns. After further investigation I think something is binding at the top of the screw. For now I am waiting for a manual to come in that I ordered. Hopefully it will lend some light on the problem.
Just to find out what else is wrong I decided to hook up a battery. Some of the lights worked. The engine cranked !! I did not try to get it to fire though due to old gas in the tank and no water to the lower unit. I then tried the trims. Of course neither motor worked. Oh well, I will get the tank out in a couple of days and see what the starboard side looks like.