Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Tilt Motor 8-17-2008

With all of the port hardware out of the way, removal of the tilt motor was easy. It looked pretty bad beat up which is not unexpecte for its age. A call to the local OMC dealer indicated it was $300 for a new one or $200 for a refurbished one. However, off to Ebay again and I found one for $88. Hopefully it will work great when it gets here. not sure why it is so much less expensive than the OMC dealer.

With the trim motor removed I took a look at the select trim. With a couple of taps the motor started turning again. However the jack screw only goes a couple of turns. After further investigation I think something is binding at the top of the screw. For now I am waiting for a manual to come in that I ordered. Hopefully it will lend some light on the problem.

No comments: