Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Transom Plate 8-10-2008

Well cleaned up the interior and threw away all of the rotted life jackets and stuff that were up in the cabin. Removed the aft seats and started working my way back to the transom to see what I would find. The transom plate was rotted severly on the starboard side. The port side could not be accesed due to the fuel tank. The starboard transom plate litterally came out in crumbs and flakes from the hull to a point about 10" inboard from the hull.

Just to find out what else is wrong I decided to hook up a battery. Some of the lights worked. The engine cranked !! I did not try to get it to fire though due to old gas in the tank and no water to the lower unit. I then tried the trims. Of course neither motor worked. Oh well, I will get the tank out in a couple of days and see what the starboard side looks like.

No comments: