Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

Accepted a friends invitation and headed out to Grand Lake of the Cherokees Sunday. Put in at the ramp just past the dam. Bad idea. Pretty windy. While trying to pickup my wife after she parked the truck I got the prop in the rocks. So now I have some souvenirs on the prop. The rest of the day was pretty good though. Heading across the lake from the ramp to the cove the combination of wind and wakes made for a rough crossing. Lots of spray coming over the side of the boat. Had a good time swimming and hanging out at the dock. About 6 headed on up the lake past monkey island. Still pretty rough, but not too bad. After supper headed out at sunset for an evening cruise. Ran up duck creek and checked out the yachts and then back across the lake at dark. Put the boat on the trailer after 10pm. Of course I was tired from a long day and well I forgot to put the drive up. Should not have been an issue, BUT, there was a pot hole on the ramp and I just scraped the skeg on the drive. Still a great day on the lake.

No comments: