Monday, May 28, 2012

Starter Swap Out

The starter has been giving me some problems every now and then. Very occasionally when I turned the key the starter would just begin to turn and then stall. Turn the key off and back on and all was good. So I took my spare starter and had it overhauled. Surprise number one, even though it came off a marine engine it was not a marine starter !! Well the shop was able to take care of that problem so now it is time to install it. Today, I dug the old starter out. It was pretty oily confirming that my rear main seal is leaking. The new starter slid right in without any problems. When the old one came out  I discovered that the rear hanger bracket was broken. Well I got the new starter installed and gave it a try. Everything worked !! Seemed to start with a little more authority as well so hopefully starting problems are in the past.

No comments: